Young Nigerian Defeats the World, Wins Canadian International Maths Contest
The young brainiac Diepreye David is an indigene of Nembe Local Government Area in Bayelsa State who a student of Graceland International School Port Harcourt, he aspires to be a world-renowned Mathematician, Scientist, Nano-Technologist, Software Engineer, and Robotic Engineer in the near future.
He received recently by the Commissioner for Education Bayelsa State, Dr Gentle E Emelah.
He is one of Nigeria’s National PROMASIDOR COWBELLPEDIA Mathematics 2018/2019
latest Edition Champions with several International Mathematics medals from the Canadian Mathematics Contests (CMC).
He led a team among 2 to international Robotic Contest as representatives for Nigeria
hosted by Greece.
David is also a champion of SAMO (South Africa Mathematics Olympiad) in junior,
intermediate and senior categories, a Bronze, Silver, and Gold medals champion of various AMC (American Mathematics Competition) competitions from AMC8-12.
BREAKDOWN OF AWARDS:
AMERICAN MATHS COMPETITIONS(AMC)
• Second place in 2016 AMC 8 – Silver medal
• First place in 2017 AMC 8 – Gold medal
• Third place in 2018/2019 AMC 10 – Gold medal
• First place in 2019/2020 AMC 10 -Gold medal
• 2021 AMC 12 – Silver medal
• 2022 AMC 12 – Silver medal
CANADIAN MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING CONTESTS
• Distinction in the Gauss Contest 2017 – Best in School & Among Top World Best
• Distinction and Outstanding Achievement in the Pascal Contest 2018 – Best in
School & Among Top World Best 25%
• Distinction in the Hypathia Contest 2021 – Best in School & Among Top World Best
• Distinction in the Euclid Contest 2022
• Distinction in the Canadian Intermediate Mathematics Contest 2019 - Best in
School & Among Top World Best 25%.
• Distinction in the Cayley Contest 2020 – Best in School & Among Top World Best
• Distinction in the Canadian Senior Mathematics Contest 2020 - Best in School &
Among Top World 25%.
• Distinction in the Canadian Computing Contest 2021
INTERNATIONAL YOUTH MATH CHALLENGE
• Bronze Honour 2020
• Bronze Honour 2021
SOUTH AFRICAN MATHS OLYMPIAD
• Bronze medalist 2019
• Bronze medalist 2018
NIGERIAN MATHEMATICS AND SCIENCES OLYMPIADS
nd position and Silver medal in 2017 Junior Mathematics Olympiad
st position and Gold medal in 2018 Junior Mathematics Olympiad
rd position and Bronze medal in 2019 Senior Mathematics Olympiad
st position and Gold medal in 2021 Senior Mathematics Olympiad
OTHER NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
• An outstanding JAMB score of 325
• An outstanding SAT score of 1430
• Gold Medal at the International Mathematics Excellence Olympiad 2021
• International Mathematics Olympiad, IMO Contestant 2021(Representing Nigeria)
st position and perfect score in the 2021 NBM of Africa South-South Region
Maiden Edition of Mathematics Quiz Competitions for Senior Schools
• Graceland International School Award of Excellence 2018/2019 Session
• Second runner-up at the end of the Cowbellpedia 2019 Edition
• 3rd Best team at the 2020 Nigeria Regional Championship of the FIRST LEGO League
• 2nd Overall Worldwide in 2021 Wits Mathematics Competition
• Kangaroo Mathematics Competition 2nd in Rivers State– Silver medal
• Overall best team in the 2022 Kibo Mathematics Challenge
• Overall best performing team in the 2020/2021 Minerva Challenge
• Completion of the 2018 Cowbellpedia Mathematics Academy
His achievements have earned him multiple admission offers from University Alberta.
Canada, University of British California, Canada, California Lutheran University, University
of Alabama, Suffolk University, Long Island University, University of Denver and the
University of Minerva.
David is also known to be one of the most promising programmers in his school and
among his peers in Nigeria, having learned the following programming languages which
he trains other young ones on:
● C++ (Intermediate)
● C# (Intermediate)
● Python (Intermediate)
● Java (Amateur)
He is an active member in various school clubs such as:
● Robotic Club
● STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Club
● Mathematics Club